Your California Privacy Rights
- For all requests, include Customer’s full name, street address, city, state and zip code.
- In an email request, Customer must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send Customer email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In a postal request, Customer must send a letter or post card to: Ranch Wifi, Inc. P.O. Box 1869 Morro Bay, CA 93443 Attention: Your California Privacy Rights
Ranch Wifi’s Site and Services are designed and targeted to U.S. audiences and are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. If Customer is not a U.S. citizen or do not reside in the U.S., Customer voluntarily consents to the collection, transfer, use, disclosure and retention of Customer Personal Information (as defined below) in the U.S. Customer also agrees to waive any claims that may arise under Customer’s own national laws.
When Customer uses the Service, the Personal Information Customer sends and receives is transmitted over a wireless network, and may be subject to interception by unauthorized third parties who seek to do you harm. While it is Ranch Wifi’s objective to take reasonable measures to reduce the risk that unauthorized third parties will be able to intercept the information Customer sends and receives through the Service, Ranch Wifi cannot and does not make any guarantee that transmissions over the Internet are 100% secure or error-free.
Ranch Wifi recommends that Customers use caution when sending any Personal Information over the Internet and use encryption technology whenever possible, such as websites that have the “https” designation in the website’s address bar and show a padlock icon in the browser’s window.
Ranch Wifi does not knowingly collect, solicit or use Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If Customer is under age 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to Ranch Wifi. If Ranch Wifi learns that Ranch Wifi has collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, Ranch Wifi will delete that information as quickly as possible to the extent technically feasible. If Customer believes that its child under age 13 may have provided Ranch Wifi Personal Information, please contact Ranch Wifi at 805-995-4181.
Ranch Wifi collects various types of information about Customers and Customers’ use of the Service via the Ranch Wifi website, Help Desk and call centers, postal mail, remote kiosks, the Ranch Wifi Facebook Page or other social network platforms or by other means, generally classified as Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Generally, Ranch Wifi gathers and uses Personal Information internally in connection with providing the Service to Customer, including to personalize, evaluate and improve the Service and Ranch Wifi’s ability to provide the Service to Customer, to contact Customer, to respond to and fulfill Customer requests regarding the Service, and to analyze how Customer uses the Service. Ranch Wifi may share Customer’s Personal Information with its Affiliates and with other third parties as described below:
What Information does Ranch Wifi collect and how does Ranch Wifi use this Information?
Personal Information is the information Customer provides to Ranch Wifi voluntarily or passively through Customer use of the Service and/or website, and which is directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device. For example, through the registration process, when the equipment to provide the Service is installed, maintained or upgraded at Customer’s premises, when Customer contacts Ranch Wifi regarding the Service, and through Customer account settings, Ranch Wifi collects Personal Information such as Customer name, email address, phone number, billing address and billing information (such as credit card account number or other financial account information), service address, and the nature of any of Customer devices or other property making use of the Service. Personal Information also includes Customer proprietary network information (“CPNI”) which is collected and used to provide VoIP services. CPNI includes any information that relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of our VoIP service, such as call detail, logs, and specifics regarding your VoIP account.
Customer may be required to provide certain Personal Information to Ranch Wifi in order to register with Ranch Wifi, to assist Ranch Wifi in improving Customer’s Service or troubleshooting problems Customer is experiencing with the Service, Customer computer or device, or otherwise to improve the quality of the Service. Ranch Wifi will communicate with Customer if Customer has provided Ranch Wifi the means to do so. For example, if Customer has given Ranch Wifi Customer’s email address or phone number, Ranch Wifi will email or call Customer about Customer use of the Service or product improvements or upgrades, and other transactional information about Customer Service. Ranch Wifi may also combine Customer Personal Information with additional Personal Information obtained from Ranch Wifi Facebook Pages or other social network platforms, its Affiliates, its Operational Service Providers (third party owned companies that provide or perform services on Ranch Wifi’s behalf, to help serve Customer better and to perform functions in order to support Ranch Wifi businesses and operations), or other companies, such as credit bureaus, background check firms, and marketing research companies. Some forms of Non-Personal Information as described below will be classified as Personal Information if required by applicable law or when such information is directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device, or is combined with other forms of Personal Information.
Technology is improving every day and to improve Ranch Wifi’s Services’ operations and functions, Ranch Wifi may introduce new technologies and monitoring techniques without advance notice or consent from Customer, unless required by law. Ranch Wifi may also use third party providers to conduct such internal analyses.
Network Information Used for Standard Business Operations
Ranch Wifi also collects Network Information, information about Customer access to, and use of, the Ranch Wifi Network, which may or may not be directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device. For example, Ranch Wifi may collect information about the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer property or at Customer premises, when Customer is using the Service, the various devices Customer is using to access the Service, the amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving, the content of the data Customer are transmitting and receiving, the websites Customer is visiting, and any other information that is transmitted over the Ranch Wifi Network. Ranch Wifi may also aggregate Network Information from multiple customers and Ranch Wifi will share such aggregated Non-Personal information about the overall performance of the Ranch Wifi Service and the Ranch Wifi Network with our Affiliates and other third parties. Aggregated information does not identify a specific individual, computer or device. We use Network Information to monitor and enhance the performance of the Ranch Wifi Network. Ranch Wifi will not monitor the content of the websites viewed or email communications as part of Ranch Wifi’s standard network management.
Generally, Ranch Wifi will only monitor and preserve the following Network Information:
- When Customer is using the Service;
- How Customer is using the Service, such as monitoring traffic patterns regarding websites visited, amount of data being sent or received, or other activity;
- The amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving through the Service; and
- General information regarding the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer’s property or at Customer’s premises, and its interaction with the rest of Ranch Wifi’s Network.
However, Ranch Wifi reserves the right to, and may, monitor, access, review and preserve any Network Information and/or content in the following situations:
- In response to an inquiry from Customer or another Authorized User on Customer’s account regarding Customer or their use of the Service or problems Customer or they are experiencing using the Service;
- If Ranch Wifi has reason to believe Customer is using the Service in violation of Customer’s TSA or any applicable statutes, rules, ordinances or regulations;
- If Ranch Wifi has reason to believe Customer use of the Service is negatively affecting other Customers; or
- When Ranch Wifi is required by law or legal process to do so, or when Ranch Wifi a good faith belief that Ranch Wifi is required by law or legal process to do so.
How is Personal Information used for marketing and advertising purposes?
Ranch Wifi will use Personal Information to send Customer marketing and advertising messages related to Ranch Wifi’s Service and website using Customer’s email address, postal address, or telephone number (for voice, texts, and pre-recorded calls). Ranch Wifi may deliver a marketing or advertising message based on Customer visits to Ranch Wifi website, which will be general advertising or “Contextual Advertising,” which is advertising based on the subject matter or the content of the specific website page or subject matter. Ranch Wifi may also send Customer “First Party Advertising,” which is advertising that is customized or personalized based on a history of Customer’s use of our Services (possibly combined with information from our Facebook fan page or other social network platforms). First Party Advertising is based solely on a combination of information Ranch Wifi collects from Customer – not from Customer’s visits to other websites across the Internet. Customer may opt-out of First Party Advertising but not Contextual Advertising. No Personal Information is used to deliver Contextual Advertising; it automatically will appear based on the content or webpage Customer is viewing. And Customer may continue to receive general advertising if Customer opts-out of First Party Advertising, it will not be customized or personalized for Customer. Ranch Wifi does not provide third party “Network Advertising,” which is advertising based on Customer’s overall Internet usage across different third party websites or online services. Multiple third party websites and online services are involved in this tailored or personalized advertising process, in essence a “network” of advertising providers. Because Ranch Wifi does not provide network ads, Ranch Wifi does not recognize the “Do Not Track” settings on various Internet browsers. Ranch Wifi does not engage or allow third parties to track you across the Internet and across time for advertising purposes.
Ranch Wifi will share Customer Personal Information with its Affiliates and with other third parties as described in this section for standard business operations :
- To Our Affiliates. Ranch Wifi may rely on various Affiliates in order to provide the Service to Customers. These are companies that are related to Ranch Wifi by common ownership or control. Ranch Wifi may share Personal Information and Non-Personal Information with any of its Affiliates for business, operational, and Ranch Wifi’s own (First Party) promotional and/or marketing and advertising purposes.
- To Operational Service Providers: Ranch Wifi and its Affiliates contract with other companies and people to perform tasks or services on Ranch Wifi’s behalf and need to share Customer Personal Information to provide products or services to Customers. For example, Ranch Wifi may use a payment processing company to receive and process Customer’s ACH or credit card transactions for Ranch Wifi, or Ranch Wifi may contract with third parties to assist Ranch Wifi in optimizing the Ranch Wifi Network. Unless Ranch Wifi tells Customer differently, Ranch Wifi does not grant its Operational Service Providers any right to use the Personal Information Ranch Wifi shares with them beyond what is necessary to assist Ranch Wifi.
- For Business Transfers/Restructuring: Ranch Wifi may choose to buy or sell assets, or Ranch Wifi may sell assets or be sold. In these types of transactions, Customer Personal Information is typically one of the business assets that would be disclosed and transferred. Also, if Ranch Wifi (or Ranch Wifi’s assets) are acquired, or Ranch Wifi goes out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, including restructuring, re-organization or financing arrangements, Personal Information could be one of the assets disclosed, transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- When Required by Law or in Response to Legal Process: Ranch Wifi reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any Personal Information to which Ranch Wifi has access if Ranch Wifi is required by law or legal process to do so, or if Ranch Wifi has a good faith belief that Ranch Wifi is required by law or legal process to do so.
Is Customer Personal Information secure?
Ranch Wifi endeavors to protect the privacy of Customer’s account and other Personal Information Ranch Wifi by using reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures. However, Ranch Wifi cannot and do not guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of Personal Information at any time. Customer’s account is protected by a password for Customer privacy and security. It is Customer’s responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to Customer’s account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting Customer password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to Customer computer, tablet or device and browser by signing off after Customer has finished accessing Customer’s account. Customer is required to notify us immediately if Customer’s password or account has been disclosed to a person whose name does not appear on Customer’s account, even if you have allowed such disclosure. Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Customer is solely responsible for any use of Ranch Wifi Services via Customer’s username and password.
Additionally, if Customer contacts Ranch Wifi, Ranch Wifi will ask Customer for verification of Customer’s identification and account. Ranch Wifi will not send an email or text, nor should Customer respond to any email or text communications asking for any sensitive or confidential Personal Information, such as social security number, bank account or credit card account number, or a driver’s license number. If Customer receives an email or text requesting any such information from Ranch Wifi or someone that claims they are with Ranch Wifi or Our Affiliates please contact our Privacy Administrator immediately: email@example.com For Ranch Wifi’s IT Support Services as detailed in our TSA, the code that allows Ranch Wifi to access Customer’s computer desktop to help your resolve technical problems is limited only for that specific session. Ranch Wifi is not able to access Customer’s Computer without Customer’s knowledge, affirmative consent and involvement.
What Personal Information can Customers access, modify and/or delete?
Generally, Customer may access the following Personal Information in Customer’s account:
- Full name
- Username and password
- Email address
- Telephone number; and
- Billing and Service address
- Account and billing information
By contacting Ranch Wifi at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through any online access portal and/or via telephone, Ranch Wifi may enable Customers to view, access and modify Customer account settings, and in some cases, edit or delete the Personal Information listed above. For example, Ranch Wifi may retain historic email, billing and/or Service addresses for security and verification purposes and Customers may not delete such information even after the subscription expires or terminates. Current Customers may not delete any Personal Information because such information is necessary to provide and bill for the Service; Customers may only update or modify Personal Information. When Customer updates Personal Information, however, Ranch Wifi may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in Ranch Wifi’s records for internal security reasons and recordkeeping. Some information may remain in Ranch Wifi’s records after it is modified, amended or deleted by Customer or Ranch Wifi. Ranch Wifi may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating Customer’s Personal Information after Customer updates or deletes it, but not in a manner that would identify Customer personally. Ranch Wifi may also maintain Personal Information regarding Customer and Customer’s use of the Service after Customer is no longer a Ranch Wifi Customer as required by Ranch Wifi’s business practices, by law, and/or tax reporting purposes. The information Customer can view, update, and delete may also change. If Customer has any questions about viewing or updating information Ranch Wifi has on file about Customer, please contact Ranch Wifi at Info@ranchwifi.com.
What third party disclosure choices do Customers have?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Ranch Wifi’s privacy practices and policies, please contact Ranch Wifi at email@example.com.